Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Only Took A Week Before I Had to Resort To Random Thoughts

Can't say as much has happened that merits a lengthy story, so it's random thoughts today!

********************
While signing into Blogger today, I noticed that one of the Blogs of Note is Mustaches of the Nineteenth Century. I've checked it out, and what fascinates me is that this guy posts more often about this very specific subject than I normally post to my general-purpose blog. Just about daily since he founded the blog in July!

********************
Season 2 of Heroes has finally gotten interesting. Took them long enough.

********************
Y'know something occurred to me today that should have occurred to me much sooner. When PrettyGirl was younger, back in May or so, I was worrying over the fact that she wouldn't look at me. Not wanting to make eye contact with other people is a sign of autism, and being as there is already autism in the family, I fretted a bit over that. Oh, they all said that she's still awfully young and I shouldn't worry about it, but I did.

What occurred to me today is that for the past few months it has seemed like PG can't keep her eyes off me. It's gotten to the point where I sometimes have to leave the room when she's nursing because she keeps wanting to look at me instead of eat. That's right, Daddy > food. So I'm not as worried now.

********************
I was happy to see that little Lakshmi Tatma's surgery went well. It was a pretty major surgery, and I was a little worried, even though I had only learned of her existence the day before yesterday, back when she had twice as many limbs.

********************
On the other hand, I was distressed to learn that Alberto Salazar had a heart attack back in June, but impressed that he survived it because he had been such a world-class athlete. I might never had found this out if I hadn't been reading about Ryan Shay. It's all put me back in the mind of getting back in shape.

No comments: