Friday, November 16, 2007

An Evening of Giggly Babies and Giant Robots

M went to an invitation-only Tot Swap (like a flea market of baby clothes and toys) tonight, so I soloed the baby feeding and bathing and putting to bed. PrettyGirl was in a good mood, so it went pretty smoothly. We made each other laugh. Quite the comedian, that kid. Then I cooked up some spaghetti and watched Transformers. It was a good night.

As for last night, PG did indeed leave us (and herself) in peace for most of the remainder of the night. She woke up around 5:15 and yelled a little, though. We stayed put and let her yell, even when she ramped things up a little about 20 minutes later. Eventually, she went back to sleep. Or at least, I think she did. I fell back asleep before she did. So far, she's been quiet tonight. This will be the last update on the mundane subject of my daughter's sleeping habits, I promise.

********************
At some point between my drive into work this morning and my drive home this evening, the radio station I listen to on the western leg of my commute started its annual tradition of playing nothing but Christmas songs. And it's only the 16th of November. The Babies R' Us near our house was playing Christmas music when we were there last Saturday, the 10th. What happened to holding off until after Thanksgiving?

********************
PG is no longer the youngest at day care. Another baby has muscled in on her monopoly. PG's boyfriend's twin brother has become a fan of the new kid, but Glasses McBlabberson's heart still belongs to PG.

********************
Another night where I get my post in just under the wire. Sheesh.

No comments: