Friday, November 09, 2007

Nine to Six Points Smarter? Don't See Why Not!

Took an online IQ test today. Scored a 142, which is higher than usual. I'm usually in the 133-136 range. Maybe I'm getting smarter?

Of course, I had to plow through a bunch of offers after taking the test before I could get my results (I clicked "Skip This Offer" so quickly on each one that I couldn't tell ya what they were selling.) I'm not sure if I should deduct points for getting suckered into such a website.

********************
I glanced out my office window this afternoon (with the vertical blinds mostly closed, mind you,) and was all excited to see that the clouds were breaking and the skies above the strip mall down the street were bathed in sunset light. And then I realized I was looking at the reflection of the hallway light coming in through my office door. The actual weather outside remained rainy and quite cloudy.

********************
The 7-11 gas station near work offers free coffee or soda with the purchase of at least 8 gallons of gas. I take advantage of that pretty often, but tonight I was a bit short of 8 gallons on my fill up. Specifically, I pumped 7.991 gallons.

Some people will try to top off their tanks, so for such a person, this wouldn't have been a big deal. Just another squeeze of the pump and it's free coffee time! But I'm not one of those people. These pumps automatically cut off when the tank is full for a reason, y'know.

It was just as well. The guy behind the counter knew that I'm always filling up there so he let me have the coffee for free, despite my being 9/1000 gallons short on the gas.

********************
PrettyGirl was in a rather bad mood tonight. She was OK most of the time, smiling and laughing and nursing just fine, but whenever we laid her on her back, she screamed and cried. We have no idea why. We put her on her tummy when she went to bed. Hopefully whatever was wrong will have passed by tomorrow.

********************
That thing about the reflection on the window probably should have been grounds to deduct a few more points from my IQ score, huh.

No comments: