I'm using the official NaBloPoMo seal anyway. I hope that's cool with the Powers That Be. I tried to make it a link back to nablopomo.com, but I can't figure out how to get that to happen.
So, enough of that. I trust everyone had a happy Halloween. I spent my evening in class, hating it because I also had a pretty bad cold, one that I'm (hopefully) recovered from now (or is it just the Claritin masking the symptoms? Time will tell!)
Meanwhile, PrettyGirl spent the entire day dressed as a dalmatian, at daycare and while helping with the candy distribution last night. And by "helping," I mean she rifled through the candy bowl on M's lap, while they sat on the front porch waiting for trick-or-treaters, and threw copious amounts of candy onto the walkway and the lawn. M was still finding little candy bars outside when she left the house this morning.The trick-or-treater turnout ended up falling far short of projections, so we have a ton of candy left (even taking into account PG-related attrition.) As it so happens, I had made the decision last night to cut back on my sugar intake. Oh, the trials we must face.
You will note from the picture that PG can sit on her own now. Granted, someone has to actually put her in a sitting position for her; she can't go from laying down to sitting up under her own steam. But it's still a big step for a big girl!
PG has been dealing with a cold of her own (well, now it's our own) for almost two weeks now. Most of the time, her breathing is nice and loud and snorty. Last night, she had some pretty bad coughs too. M called the doctor, and they pretty much said that PG is fine for now and to check back early next week if the cold is still going strong. Despite being sick, she has been pretty happy, so we're not too worried about her.
That's it for now. See y'all tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment