Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Very Sleepy Baby

About a week ago, PrettyGirl slept through the entire night, and I wondered on this very blog if such an event would occur again in the near future.

It did. Every single night since then, except last Friday night. She goes down around 8, and ten hours later, she wakes up and lets her presence be known. It's almost exactly ten hours, in fact. In bed at 8:15? See ya at 6:15 tomorrow morning! She went down a little early around 7:45 last night and got Mommie out of bed at 5:45 this morning.

M has started bringing PG into bed with us after her (PG's) morning feeding so I can spend quality time with my daughter before I go off to work all day. This is a fine idea, except that I have yet to adjust to waking up earlier than I already have to. So I spend a bit of that quality time dozing off while PG watches our ceiling fan with rapt fascination. I'm working on it, though.

M, her sister, and PG went to DC yesterday, and PG became a main attraction at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. M's sister wanted to look at the Hope Diamond, and the area around there was a bit cramped, so M and PG waited in a more wide-open area. While waiting, three different groups of Asian tourists came over and oohed and aahed over PG. By the time M's sister had emerged from the Hope Diamond area, there were no fewer than 20 people crowded around M and PG. Nobody got a picture, so I didn't get to see what that looked like.

If you were reading this this afternoon, I gave you faulty information. PG did not sleep through Live Free or Die Hard, but she did remain quiet during the time they were in there. The explosions were keeping her awake (that part I got right,) and M and her sister decided to leave the movie about 20 minutes in.

No comments: