It's happening very sporadically, but PrettyGirl is starting to smile. I'm pretty sure she is, anyway. Last Friday morning, I set her down on her changing table and she smiled at me. Not just an upwards curl of the mouth, but the crinkly eyes and everything. And she was looking in the general direction of my face, so I can only assume that she was reacting to my presence. But then it was back to random stares with a blank face, so I don't know. She hasn't done it much since.
Of course, if you've seen the pictures, you know that she smiled at a televised image of Matt Damon weeks ago. I guess if you have to come in second to anyone, when it comes to who your daughter initially smiles at, I guess you can do worse than Matt Damon.
Actually, I was the third, if you count Mr. Damon, since she did the same thing to M the day before she did it to me.
PG is getting very good at holding up her head. She can't do it for a long time, but she's still young.
M and PG went on a Big Trip to central Virginia to see a New Orleans friend who came up to visit family. Reports from the field indicate that PG noticed the change in surroundings, and her interest in (or distress over) it all kept her awake, but relatively quiet, well into the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment