Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nighttime Feedings and Snazzy Book Cover

I'm sure you all have been eagerly awaiting news on how my night of feeding PrettyGirl went. It went OK, at least at first. I had the alarm set for 12:30 AM, since she sacked out a little early and would probably need to be fed by then. PG agreed with that assessment wholeheartedly and woke us up a good 10 or 20 seconds before the alarm went off. That first feeding went fine, except for PG taking her own sweet time getting back to sleep. I think I had her back in her bassinet around 1:45.

She gave me another 3 hours or so of sleep before putting in another request for milk. I don't remember much about that feeding. The first time had knocked my sleep cycle enough out of whack that I was already a bit loopy. I do remember noting that it was already kinda light out at 5:30 AM while I was bouncing her back to sleep. The 7:30 AM feeding is a similar blur, only with more sunlight.

I don't know how M does it every gorram night. I was pretty much useless as a functioning human being on Sunday until I had a nap that afternoon. And PG had been a relatively sleepy baby that night! Some nights, M has to get up every hour and a half!

Oh well. At least next time I'll have a better idea of what to expect, now that I've done it.

********************
I mention in the comments on one of the recently-uploaded pictures that I took a bunch of pictures of PG because I didn't have anything really usable for a class project. I thought you all might like to see what the class project ended up looking like.



M mentioned wanting to print out all the Baby 2K7 and PG posts, so I thought I'd design a cover for such a collection. I didn't have any pictures of PG that worked well with the concept of pasting excerpts of the blog onto her onesie, so I put her on the floor, made the onesie as wrinkle-free as possible, and got what I needed!

********************
PG's hair is starting to grow back, so if M wants to get that picture of her two baldies, she's gonna have to get it soon!

No comments: