Last warning: Baby 2K7's gender will be mentioned from time to time on this blog. I have no idea if there's anybody out there that wants to be kept in the dark on that, but I warning you anyway. I hope everybody wants to know - I don't want to lose any readers!
Anyway, as mentioned earlier this week, there was a sonogram on Monday. The big news from that was announced on Monday's post (hint: pink dresses aplenty in Baby 2K7's future!) Here's a breakdown of the rest:
- No insurance problems at all this time!
- We saw the heart. All four chambers: present and accounted for! And working!
- Kidneys: Also present and lookin' fine!
- Brain: Yup! Lookin' good!
- Cheeks (facial, not bottom): The doctor himself said they look good!
- Umbilical cord - stomach: Perfect working order!
- Nasal Bone: Totally uncommented on! But it still looked A-OK from where we were sitting!
- Limbs: Two arms, two legs - all good!
- Spinal cord: Top half looks good! Little Miss Uncooperative 2K7 wouldn't let them get a good look at the the bottom half.
Because of that last part, M has to go back in two weeks to try another look at the lower spinal cord.
A lot of people had been predicting a boy. My dad was very surprised she isn't going to be a boy. Boys tend to run in the family. I mean that both ways, actually. The babies tend to be boys, and they tend to grow up to run track.
Other random stuff:
********************
The following exchange between my nephews was heard over the monitor one recent night (names have been changed for privacy reasons):
T-Dawg: J-Bird, get in bed!
J-Bird: I am in bed!
T-Dawg: J-Bird, get in your own bed!
********************
While shopping for some graham crackers and butter at a local convenience store, I noticed a sign in the parking lot saying "Customers Only. Violators Will Be Towed". Someone had put smiley-face stickers in every "O" on the sign. Nothing tones down a harsh warning like a smiley-face!
********************
Lately, we'd been hearing a thump whenever the heater in the house stopped. We weren't sure if this was a bad thing, so we let the landlady know, and she had us call in the company that set up the HVAC a few years back. A tech came and checked out the equipment and found nothing wrong. But the thump happened while he was still there, and he immediately identified it as the condensor pump kicking in. The reason why we were just noticing the noise now was because it had been kicking in a lot more often since I set the humidity control to the maximum a few weeks ago (decreases dry skin on my hands, don't'cha know). The fact that we were hearing it when the heat was shutting down was pretty much coincidental. Dialing it down a little solved the problem. The cost to my landlady for this informational visit was about $110.
No comments:
Post a Comment