Last Friday, I grudgingly predicted that Ehrlich and Steele would win the Governor and Senate races, respectively. I also meant to further predict that even if they didn't win, it would be a close race that would take days to work out, but I forgot to actually post that.
I ended up being wrong with both predictions (all four predictions, if you want to count Ehrlich and Steele separately in both predictions). Hooray!
*********************
As you may have noticed in the comments for the previous post, I had an anonymous visitor who was looking for bloggers that had something nice to say about the movie The Sasquatch Dumpling Gang. By virtue of my having mentioned it praisingly during the Maryland Film Festival post, I was such a blogger. She asked that I sign a petition to get the movie a theatrical release (so far, it's pretty much just been seen at film festivals). The distributor is considering just going straight-to-DVD, which really would be a shame. She also asked me to ask my friends to sign the petition too.
As it so happens, I already signed that petition a few weeks ago, but I'm posting the link here if any of you would like to sign it too.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SDGinTheaters
It really is a good movie. It kinda perplexes me that Napoleon Dynamite, a similar, but inferior, movie, gets to become famous, while SDG languishes in limbo, seen only by those lucky enough to have a film festival happening near them.
I also finally got around to making my MySpace page so I could add the Sasquatch Dumpling Gang MySpace page as a Friend. Hope it helped!
You can see the SDG MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/thesasquatchdumplinggang, if you are so inclined.
By the way, I liked Napoleon Dynamite just fine, and I own the Special Edition DVD. I just think that Sasquatch Dumpling Gang was better.
1 comment:
It's me again. ^__^
Thank you very much for spreading the word! And, of course, friending the myspace is also very much appreciated. ^^
And I completely agree with everything you said about ND and SDG. I too liked ND, and own the special edition, but I just enjoyed SDG so much more. Both great movies, but it upsets me that the film I prefer, and that deserves at least as much attention as ND received, is in danger of being a straight to DVD release.
Hopefully, Sony BMG will realize their mistake soon, and SDG will get the theatrical release it deserves.
Again, thank you for taking the time to show your support (and not pelting me with rocks for invading your blog lol). ^__^
~Maria
Post a Comment