Just some random thoughts today. And an iTunes list.
I don't think I've mentioned it, but we have another sonogram coming up on the 20th. We should find out whether we're having a boy or a girl then, assuming Baby 2k7 is positioned right. If we find out, I'll be sure to let you all know. In case anyone wants to wait until April to find out, I'll be sure to put a big spoiler warning around the headline.
********************
I found out yesterday that two characters from Heroes have their own MySpace pages. I like Heroes (a lot), and I don't have a problem with fictional characters from that show having MySpace pages like they're actual people. What's strange is the real-live people who ask to be added to the Friends List, thank the fictional character for adding them, and then post messages to them like "Hey Claire, I don't think those were really your biological parents". First of all: a-duh, of course they weren't really her biological parents, and second of all: she's fictional - I don't think she's gonna read your comment and say "gee, maybe someone was lying to me!"
I know, it's just people getting into the moment. That's fine. Hope they enjoy themselves. It just struck me as being a bit odd.
********************
I installed both IE7 and Firefox 2 yesterday. So far, I've found both to be improvements over IE 6 and Firefox 1.5. I also installed an extension for Firefox that allows me to see coding that remained unattainable to me before, such as external CSS files. Plus, I could toggle all kinds of tags on and off right there on the page, rather than having to muck through the HTML code in View Source. I was nearly brought to tears as I tried out all the wonders of this extension.
********************
This is getting a bit too geeky, so I'm going to bring it back a little more towards the mainstream and talk a little about politics - a rarity for this blog, let me assure you.
Steele's going to win the Senate race, and Ehrlich is going to get re-elected for Governor. I don't like it, but that's what I see happening. Don't let the Presidential election returns fool you - Maryland is a red state with a bluish-purple streak on the west side of the Bay.
********************
And now, as promised, the return of iTunes Friday. There are many new visitors to the blog (so I'm told), so here are the rules: 10 songs, no skipping, no apologizing for questionable taste. I don't follow those rules. I do 21 songs and skip if I'm really not in the mood to hear something. I do follow the "no apologies" rule, mostly.
In the past I've run into problems with the same band coming up two or even three times, but that now may be a thing of the past. I found a setting in iTunes that decreases the odds of that happening. We'll see how it goes.
1. "Volcano Girls" - Veruca Salt
2. "We're Not Gonna Take It" - Twisted Sister
3. "Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson
4. "The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" - Lemon Demon
5. "Only You" - Yaz
6. "Halah" - Mazzy Star
7. "If I Wasn't Shy" - They Might Be Giants
8. "La Isla Bonita" - Madonna
9. "And We Danced" - The Hooters
10. "I Know There's Something Going On" - Frida
11. "Girls On Film" - Duran Duran
12. "Wild Wild Life" - The Talking Heads
13. "Wild World" - Maxi Priest
14. "I Got You" - Split Enz
15. "I Will Remember You" - Amy Grant
16. "This Town" - The Go-Go's
17. "It's True That We Love One Another" - The White Stripes (with Holly Golightly)
18. "Are You Happy Now?" - Michelle Branch
19. "Kiss Them For Me" - Siouxsie and The Banshees
20. "The Reflex" - Duran Duran
21. "Big Bang Baby" - Stone Temple Pilots
* Looks like the new shuffle setting worked pretty well! I did get a double dose of Duran Duran, but I guess that's to be expected since they have a double name.
* If you had told me that the day would come that I would be drumming on my desk to a Kelly Clarkson song, I would have called you mad and alerted the mental health authorities without delay. But that day has indeed come, as I was doing exactly that during "Since U Been Gone".
* I used to think, in "La Isla Bonita", that the line was "Last night I dreamt of some Pedro", like it was short for "some guy named Pedro" or something. It's actually "San Pedro". That makes more sense.
* While we're on the subject of mis-heard lyrics, I also thought, in "And We Danced", that the line was "...as the band played 'Attitude'", like there was a song named "Attitude" that I hadn't heard of but was famous enough to get referenced in a Hooters song. It's actually "...the band played out of tune".
2 comments:
That's quite the mix of music!
I'm not on board with MySpace - maybe I'm old... by the time I do it, it won't be cool any more. (or awesome or kickin' or whatever it is now).
Will have to try Firerox 2.0
The mix could have been a bit more eclectic. Neither my Mozart MP3 nor my Dean Martin MP3 came up. That would have taken it pretty much as across the board as my collection gets. Elvis or The Beatles/Rolling Stones would have rounded it out a bit too.
I recently heard that most MySpace users are in their 30's now. The kids have jumped ship to Facebook.
Post a Comment