Monday, November 06, 2006

PoMoOftMo

November is apparently a big month for writing. You've got National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), wherein one must write a novel between November 1 and November 30 (my colleague at Focused or Distracted? is doing that). Then you have National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo), wherein one must post to their blog at least once a day. My colleague at Chicken Butt wanted to do this but missed the deadline and wanted to participate in something, so she invented Minimize Blog Navel Gazing Month (MiBloNaGaMo), wherein one "will stifle the impulses to ponder the minutia of [one's] life."

Since I also missed the deadline for NaBloPoMo, and I want to participate in something too, I've decided to invent Post More Often Month (PoMoOftMo). This is my way of getting out of the every-one-to-four-weeks posting schedule I've been keeping, while still posting infrequently enough to keep my occasional readers from having to catch up too much. I'll try to post every three days or so this month, and maybe even beyond this month.

I considered doing MiBloNaGaMo too, but I decided that it would conflict with the whole "Self-Indulgent" Thing.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Where's your participant badge logo?

Anonymous said...

Hi! Sorry to barge into your blog like this. I'm actually here on a mission. I’m a big fan of The Sasquatch Dumpling Gang, having seen it recently myself, and I work for a fansite that has been keeping track of the progress of the movie since the very beginning, and some of the things we keep track of are the reviews from audience members who’ve seen the film at festivals. Well, your journal came up in one of my searches for SDG news, and I can see by your review (http://trackrick.blogspot.com/2006/05/film-fest-unhealthy-ways-and-of-course.html) that you enjoyed the film.

So, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind helping the movie out? The director of the film mentioned at the Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival, that SDG is in trouble of never being theatrically released. To remedy this, a petition was created by fans to show support for the film. Please sign the petition, and tell your friends to sign it:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SDGinTheaters

Also, a unofficial myspace was created for the film, and it includes behind the scenes photos, clips, and other extras. If you have a myspace please friend it, and please tell your friends to friend it:

http://www.myspace.com/thesasquatchdumplinggang

Leave them a comment to let them know you’ve seen the movie, and enjoyed it.

It’s important that we convince Sony BMG to put this movie into theaters, because it deserves to be seen on the big-screen, and not shafted to DVD, and forgotten about.
Thanks for reading, and spread the love for this movie! ^___^

~Maria

Trackrick said...

Just so you all know, I will be doing what our anonymous visitor has requested as soon as I get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much! Every signature for the petition, and every friend of the myspace it appreciated. ^_____^

~Maria