Monday, June 29, 2009

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

I am writing this post from my new laptop! When I say "new," I mean it's new to me. It's actually about four or five years old. Seems to run just fine, though!

The short version of how I got a laptop: We're going on vacation this weekend. We wanted to take along a portable DVD player so PrettyGirl could watch her Elmo and whatnot. M's co-worker had one she was going to lend. Co-worker's husband decided that he'd rather not lend his DVD player to a two-year-old. Margaret called another friend (PG's BFF's mom) to see if she had a portable DVD player. Friend said no, but she could lend us her laptop, which they use to play DVDs for BFF on roadtrips. M demurred, saying she couldn't take their laptop across the country, and at the mercy of PG. Then BFF's mom remembered that her husband's company is replacing the current laptops at work, and he's been giving away the old ones to neighbors and friends and family. And there was one left available.

I was driving at the time of this conversation, so M decided it would be best to not tell me what she was discussing on the phone, lest I go ickee-balookie and crash the car in my excitement. I maintain that I have more self-control than that, but I suppose it was a wise decision, nonetheless.

We got the laptop yesterday (and PG got to chillax with BFF some too,) and now I finally have one! The one I got from my boss a few years ago doesn't count, because that laptop sucked hard.

And so, between that, my new LCD TV, my new Blu-Ray player, and the GPS we got the night after the fateful phone conversation, my technological desires are almost fulfilled! As the song in the post title suggests, I won't stop hoping for an iPod Touch.

(Title reference: "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson)

No comments: