My daughter has many loves. Tigger and Pooh, Elmo, Pooh as a solo act, Mickey Mouse (whom she refers to only as "Mouse,") and Spiderman.
I kinda wish I can take credit for that last one (though kinda glad it's not entirely my fault,) but I'm pretty sure the boys at daycare turned her on to Spidey before I ever got to her. I base this assumption on the fact that I had no idea she was even aware of the fellow before she brought my Spiderman 2 DVD over to me and said "Spi-ee watch?" It was one of those moments that really makes this daddy's heart swell with joy.
Being as my momma raised zero dummies, I knew better than to actually play the movie for her. But I knew that the DVD menu screen for the first Spiderman movie played an endless loop of the final scene where he's swinging around the streets of New York, so I figured that would be a good compromise. And it was, though after about 10 minutes of that, PG got bored and requested more Tigger and Pooh, which she didn't get because the kid is only allowed so much TV.
So now she gets excited whenever she sees Spiderman stuff at Target or whereever. Sometimes I'll play her the Spiderman theme song on the piano (or just sing it,) and at least once she's pulled out her Spiderman Christmas ornament (long since retired from ornament duty, due to a broken loop) and whooshed it around like in the movie while I'm playing/singing the song. She often demands that I draw Spidey's head over and over again with her tub crayons during her bath.
My master plan is moving along nicely! Next up: Yoda!
No comments:
Post a Comment