Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's All In The Motivation

When M and I were moving into our first house together, back in November 2005, I made an effort to cut down on my possessions - mostly old magazines and video tapes - but I ran out of time. So I packed up the remaining stuff in boxes and promised I'd get back to sorting through it all and throwing out stuff at the new house.

So it's now February 2008, and most of the stuff is still in boxes in our laundry room, taking up space. I find its presence annoying and inconvenient (probably not as much as M does,) but I have so many other things I like to do, and the boxes always just get put off for later, y'know?

But then M and I went to my cousin's house this past weekend and played a lot on his Nintendo Wii. We really liked it, and M, possibly impulsively, told me that if I get the boxes taken care of, we can get a Wii of our own. With Guitar Hero.

So my plans for the next couple of weeks are to work on the boxes every night. If I hurry, I could have Guitar Hero in time for my birthday!!!

2 comments:

Dodi said...

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

So much fun. Guitar Hero is fun too. I bought a PlayStation2 last winter just so I could have my own copy of GH2. (I don't play it much anymore. I forget about it.)

I don't think they make Rock Band for Wii, but holy moly! That game rocks even harder than Guitar Hero. But only if M would play it with you. Solo GH is probably just as good.

Good luck on the sorting. I am getting better at letting go of stuff, but I still can't let go of old cassette tapes. Mix tapes are especially precious, even if I haven't listened to them in years and they are practically worn out. It's handmade with loving care just for me. How can I throw that away?

Anyway, good luck. Maybe if you photograph some of it before tossing it would help. I've thought of scanning in my old mix tape covers and play lists to document them.

Trackrick said...

I read somewhere that they're planning on releasing Rock Band for the Wii eventually, so maybe I can see about getting that for Christmas or something. M likes to play Guitar Hero too, so there's a pretty good chance she'd play Rock Band with me. I'd probably have to be the drummer/singer, though. Oh well, it worked for Don Henley and the guy in Night Ranger who sang "Sister Christian." That was their most popular song, after all.

I forgot about the cassette tapes. I gotta sort through them too! Luckily, all my mix tapes were made by me for me, and I got digital versions of most of the songs during the glory days of Napster back around the turn of the century, so it won't be a huge loss if I have to throw those out.