Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Take Good Care of My Bay-ay-bee

Showing that a lack of anything to write about isn't always the only reason for not posting here, PrettyGirl has been in daycare for over a week now, and I'm just now remembering to mention it.

Things are going well. There was some transition to go through, especially for M, who had gotten used to being with PG all day and now had to relinquish her to someone else and go back to work. I think she's better now. She seems to be, anyway.

PG is adapting well. She was greeted on her first day like a rock star, as all the little girls (it's all girls except for twin 1-year-old boys) had been anticipating her arrival for quite a while. Now she knows everybody there and watches them as they walk around the room or hang out with her.

She gets her singing time, her story time, her nap time, her yummy bottles - pretty much everything a baby could want. She also gets tummy time, which isn't what this particular baby wants. PG hates being on her tummy. I might not need to worry about a crawling baby getting into everything anytime soon.

We get reports every day so we know what PG is doing while she's there. It's nice to have those.

Initially, there had been some slight resistance, on the part of Nikki (the daycare lady), to the concept of swaddling PG tightly for her nap, but she has since seen the results in action and is now a true believer.

Speaking of swadding, there have been a few nights wherein the sleep is not non-stop, but for the most part, we're still enjoying an 8PM to 6AM sleep schedule. I'm still working on adjusting my own sleep schedule so that 6 AM is closer to an acceptable wake-up time for me.

Next week I'm staying at home to take care of PG while Nikki is on vacation. It will be interesting to see how I get through that. I spent an afternoon alone with her a few Saturdays ago, and that went well (it helped that she took a 3 hour nap that day,) but this will be mornings and afternoons. I set up our Netflix queue so I could watch a few DVDs that M has no interest in seeing, but I don't actually expect to get much time to watch them. Just a feeling I have.

When PG was first born, a guy in my class told me that the first three months kinda suck because the baby doesn't do much, but after that it gets good. PG will be three months old in a couple of days, and I'm finding that he was pretty much right. Not that it sucked to be with PG the first three months (a clarification that my classmate also made,) but now that PG is smiling and showing a range of emotion that goes beyond apathy/distress, she is definitely more fun to be around.

In case you were interested, the title is a reference to a Bobby Vee song from the early 60s.

No comments: