
The U.S. Postal Service opened up voting today on which Star Wars stamp(s) will be put into circulation later this year. I'm not sure if only one stamp will become official or if the top few vote-getters will make the cut.
As of this morning, C3PO, Darth Maul and the Millennium Falcon are listed as the top vote-getters. This leads me to two conclusions. First conclusion: the top three will be official. Second conclusion: there are far, far too many C3PO fans out there.
Nothing against Threepio, but seriously, of all the characters in the Star Wars saga, lots of people think he's the best representative? He barely did anything outside of comic relief in any of the six movies (granted, he did basically save R2-D2 from the Jawas in Ep.4 and our heroes from the Ewoks in Ep.6, but that's pretty much it, and the Ewok thing was inadvertent anyway), and he was completely useless in the prequels. Jar Jar Binks was a more compelling character than prequel-Threepio, fer cryin' out loud.
Darth Maul is OK, if you consider the prequels to be actual Star Wars movies. Nothing from the prequels is getting my vote. The Millennium Falcon, on the other hand, might get my vote, so I'm cool with that being in the Top 3. I'm sure the USPS would be relieved to hear that.
So far, I've voted for Darth Vader, Yoda, Han and Chewie, and Leia putting the Death Star plans in R2-D2. You're only allowed one vote per day per e-mail address. I have many e-mail addresses. Although, I've only gotten e-mail confirmation on the first vote, so I'm starting to wonder if they can tell when you vote multiple times from the same computer (or same browser). Hmmmm.
Anyway, just remember...
This isn't the stamp you're looking for.
No comments:
Post a Comment