Since my commute is so long, I often have to switch over to a different radio station once I've gone too far west for the JACK-FM station to come in. So today I switched over to my western radio station to find that they've begun to play nothing but Christmas music.
Bwahuh? It's November 18. I thought that, store decorations and commercials aside, the Christmas season isn't supposed to be observed until Thanksgiving is over. What are they doing starting the Christmas music marathon so early?
On the plus side, the first song I heard was Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town". If you have to listen to Christmas music, that's a good start. Following it up with Bing Crosby? That's a bit much. I switched to a CD at that point.
1 comment:
Ack! Too soon by far. I work with a guy who likes to listen to Christmas music all year long. I don't sit by him, and our environment is strictly headphones now, but back in the pre-dot-com days I would often here Perry Como X-mas tunes drifting from his cube in June. I love him and would love it if he were the graphic artist on all my projects, but this I could not tolerate.
I am however already buying/planning x-mas gifts.
Post a Comment