I see, in my last post, that I said I "probably have enough material to [post every day in November]" and that I would post such material in the "very near future."
That was shortly before my lingering back pain turned into lingering sciatic nerve pain down my left leg, a pain that has been a daily thing for me ever since. It hasn't really put me in the mood to do anything that requires much concentration, what with the distracting sizzle in my leg and all. It probably doesn't help that it also has been winter lately, and winter is a soul-sucking succubus. Is "soul-sucking succubus" redundant? Probably.
I'm seeing a chiropractor now, and I'm still optimistic that this will help. It's not helping yet - one could go so far as to say that this is the worst I've felt since my back rose up in furious anger last May - but I'm seeing this as a slow, methodical process - kinda like breaking a leg to reset it correctly, though that's neither an entirely accurate nor entirely pleasant analogy - that will result in a long-term fix, rather than a quick and easy immediate fix that will just have to get repeated again and again.
So, I may not be in the mood to write for a little while longer. Though, I did write all this just now, during the usual early-afternoon window of being able to sit at my computer rather than stand, so who knows.
Speaking of standing at my computer, I still have my standing desk configuration going on here (keyboard on a shoebox, mouse/mousepad on a cookie tin, monitor angled up,) even though I am, in fact, sitting at the moment. My hands are at chest level. Just thought that was kinda amusing, is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment