Tuesday, November 15, 2011

In A Movie With Talking Robots That Turn Into Functional Cars, I Demand Some Reality!

I recently saw the third Transformers movie. The best one can say about it is that it was a movie that lasted about two and a half hours and had stuff happen in it.

Now, I'm willing to let some stuff slide. Things happening, just 'cause? Fine. The goofy dude has a hot girlfriend (albeit one with freakishly puffy lips)? Whatever. People get knocked around and go through glass and still get up and walk around like it ain't no thang? As you wish.

What I can't stand for is the scene when the Autobots go to the moon and the entire Apollo 11 lunar lander is there. Including the part that Armstrong and Aldrin blasted off in when they left the moon back in '69. Apparently, in this reality, the astronauts got back to the orbiting command module by just jumping up really, really hard? Um, yeah. No.

No comments: