Monday, March 09, 2009

Clearing Out The Clutter In The Attic

Been a while since I've posted (yet again,) and most of you have probably moved on. But I'll keep plugging away, since this is a good way to remember when things happened. So, if nothing else, I can keep track of when PG was sick via this medium.

Just some highlights (if you want to call them that) of the past few weeks.

* A plague swept through my brother's house in late January/early February, during which most members of the household got upper respiratory flu. We stayed away from the house for four weeks, but PG ended up getting a touch of the illness anyway. Miraculously, she only missed one day of daycare during that time. Sadly, her hacking cough caused her to cough up her recent meal two separate times in the backseat of my car. The first time was as we were pulling into the parking lot at the pediatricians', so I was able to get medical advice about that pretty quickly (the advice: yup, they'll throw up if they cough too hard.) The second time was right after I had put the extensively cleaned car seat back in my car and we were almost at daycare. PG got to stay at daycare that day because, again, it was just a result of too much coughing. We stopped feeding her right before driving her anywhere for a while. This all started Valentine's Weekend, and the last dose of antibiotics was this morning (though she's supposed to go another day or so, we don't have enough left for another full dose.)

* Another casualty of the plague was my dad, who got a pretty bad case of it and had to go to the hospital when it started to dehydrate him. His blood pressure plummeted the first night in there, from the dehydration, so they pumped him with IV fluids, and he hasn't been right since. I won't go into why that is. Suffice to say, it ended up keeping him in the hospital from Feb 1 (Superbowl Sunday) to Feb 26. And I am, to this day, spending my days working from his house and helping him with his meals and assorted other tasks, and I will probably continue to do so for another few weeks.

* PG spent two weeks at her old daycare on the other side of town. I took the tunnel to and from, most days, and I would estimate the total cost of that to be $72 or so. We did eventually find a new daycare for her that will, at the very least, suffice for now. I may be inclined to do a whole post on that search.

That pretty much covers the past month or so.

No comments: