Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Squirrels Might Have Eaten The Insulation, But There's Still Plenty of Insulin!

The Gestational Diabetes saga went another step further last week when M was put on insulin. My poor Sweetie now has to inject herself in the midriff twice a day. This was the point we were hoping not to reach, but reach it we have. The blood sugar numbers are still straying outside the acceptable limit occasionally, but I don't think any of her recent readings have been as off the wall as they were getting earlier.

Update, posted a few minutes after original post: M just e-mailed me this good news...

Good news. For the first time since all this started, so far all my levels
have been where they should be. They're on the high end, but still within
the range. I'm very pleased.


And now, back to original post content.

Baby 2K7 got sonogrammed again last week. She's pretty high in the weight percentile, though not distressingly so, and about average in length. Screenshots were taken, and here is the best one.



Not really what I was hoping for in a sonogram picture, but it'll do! You can totally see her little baby hand!

2 comments:

Karen said...

wow - you can see the baby hand : )

sorry about the diabetes - I'm glad M is doing better.

Dorothy said...

Good news about the diabetes.