Monday, February 12, 2007

Pregnancy Update - Now With More Insulin!

So, you all remember how M went 4-for-4 with keeping her blood sugar numbers within range one day last week? That was the only day it's been like that. They haven't been outrageously off, by and large, but there is some concern with her fasting levels and post-dinner levels, so now she has to shoot insulin a third time each day (before dinner) and her nighttime shooting amount has been increased. This is on top of the morning increase she had last week. Isn't that just lovely.

It's all for the best, though. That's what we keep telling ourselves. In a couple of months, all this insulin stuff will be a distant memory, and all we'll have to worry about then is our lack of sleep due to Little Miss Hungry Every Few Hours!

********************
On a lighter note, I was reading today's Dinosaur Comics wherein T-Rex noted that only men, as opposed to men and women, have been to the moon. He made a reference to there having only been 13 people on the moon ever, which got my attention, since, being a bit of a NASA nerd, I knew that there have actually only been 12. I looked for an explanation, as I was sure the author was making a joke. Nothing else in the dialogue made a reference to it, however. Neither did the ALT tag for the comic. (Did you all know you can do that? Right-click on the comic, and select Properties. At the bottom of the window that pops up, you'll see a title that makes a comment about the comic). I looked at the feed over there in the right column of this here blog, but that gave me nothing. So I finally clicked on the Comments link on the Dinosaur Comics page, thinking that there would be a discussion board. Instead, I got an e-mail window to send a comment to the author. I was about to close that when I noticed that the Subject line had been auto-filled with...

you may be wondering who the thirteenth person on the moon is. it's t-rex! he left his wallet there once. it was by ACCIDENT.

And thus, the mystery was solved, and I had a good chuckle.

No comments: