Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Mixed Bag Day

The drain problem we had on New Years Day happened again today. Apparently, the plumbers didn't do a sufficiently thorough job last time. So I have to wait around for them tomorrow. Lovely.

********************
We put the Christmas stuff back up in the attic today (my various illnesses prevented me from wanting to deal with it until now), and while I was up there, I noticed a lot of droppings and that the insulation towards the front of the house has been ripped apart and removed quite a bit. Looks like we had wildlife up there after all! We had some roofers fix the holes in the roof a few months ago, so I'm gonna assume all this happened before then. And that I just didn't notice the disarray when I retrieved all the Christmas stuff last month.

********************
Given the choice, I wouldn't want M to have gestational diabetes, and, in fact, given the chance, I would make it go as far away from her as possible. But I have neither that choice nor that chance, so you just gotta find the silver lining where it can be found. The silver lining here is that as of now, any temptation to "be bad" and eat something unhealthy for dinner is gone. She has a very strict diet, and I'm along for the ride. We've cooked our own dinner more frequently lately than we ever had. The result: every night, when I weigh myself, I'm a little lighter. Between this and getting sick, I'm about 10 pounds lighter than I was at the end of last year (I'm assuming that any weight lost from getting sick would have been gained back by now if it was going to come back.) Once we start exercising, which will be very soon, that should only get better.

Kinda sucks that it took a condition like this to whip us into shape, though.

********************
In another year, under different circumstances, I would cheer for the Bears in the Superbowl. I really don't see that happening after they denied New Orleans a much needed Superbowl appearance, however. Sorry, I know most of my readers here are Bears fans, but I don't expect to be with you this time. Of course, I wasn't planning on cheering for the Colts tonight, after they beat the Ravens, but I ended up cheering for them anyway. Peyton Manning has ties to New Orleans, y'see, and besides, he's due. I'm pretty tired of the Patriots always winning these things too.

The only drawback to the Colts winning - having to hear someone say, "Mr. Irsay, here is your AFC trophy." "Irsay" is a dirty word in this town, even though the specific Irsay we hate is, in fact, dead now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comment wouldn't post.

Dodi said...

Hope your wildlife visitors are truely gone.

It sucks that M has g.d. but it's fantastic that you are supporting her. The cookies in the car thing made me a bit mad. Since giving up sugar I can tell you that my sense of smell for sweets is sharper now. I'm guessing that for M it is a double whammy with the pregancy and abstinence. Do not do that to her again. It's just mean. Indulge at work, don't bring it home. /sermon

Not a sports fan, but if I was I'd be for the Bears. My BIL was at the game last night. He's a huge fan. I saw the 3rd quarter while at my sister's house. Wish we had a new superbowl shuffle. 1985 was insane.