Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Emerging From The Other Side of Busyville

Sorry about the lack of posting. Things have been amazingly busy lately. For the past few weeks, I've had to do actual work at work during the day, as we were getting ready for our annual Convention, and at night I've either had a class to go to or TV shows to catch up on (damn you, Heroes, Lost, My Name Is Earl, Smallville, and Survivor!!!). The need to keep the Netflix DVDs moving hasn't helped either.

But the Convention's over now and I have a week off from class (thanks to Columbus Day), so I've found myself a bit o' time to work with.

**********
I started classes at JHU CCI on Sept. 25. For the next 8 months, I'll be there every Monday and Wednesday night. Except for this week, because the school was closed on Columbus Day and they decided it wasn't worth throwing off the weekly schedule so they cancelled the Wednesday class too, and Christmas week.

So far it's going well. The first night, I could have taught the class myself, but since then I've been learning all kinds of stuff. Right now, we're learning design concepts, like the Golden Section. Eventually, we'll be tackling the programs in-depth. I have a good feeling that these classes are going to help tremendously.

**********
M and I had our first wedding anniversary the Sunday before last. We celebrated by going back to the restaurant that we got married in. I was going to have the ever-popular Shrimp Creole again, but they don't have it anymore.

**********
I was in Chicago this past weekend for our annual Convention. I did the following things while not doing work-related stuff:

* Took pictures of the Sears Tower and the John Hancock building, because the gazillion pictures I've taken of these two buildings during my last 2 or 3 visits to the Windy City were apparently not enough.
* Went to the Kinzie Chophouse. Twice.
* Watched Batman Begins on the hotel TV.

I was a few blocks from the Sears Tower (I think), and I didn't go. I did go 20 years ago, so it's not like I've never been. Still, I probably shouldn't have opted for the nap on Friday afternoon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to hear school is going well. I thought of you and M on Oct 1. I can't believe the shrimp creole is gone - that dish was amazing!!

Dodi said...

It's weird how Netflix becomes a burdon. Those red envelops cause a twinge of guilt for me now. I've had the same two for months and haven't straightened out the problem of a movie I returned, but they say I still have. Shudder.

Happy belated anniversary!