Friday, May 26, 2006

iFriday

Somehow, I managed to forget that today was an iTunes day, so the list is a bit late. Because I know you all live to see what I listen to on Fridays.

But first, these random thoughts.

**********
This post is extra-late because it took forever to get Blogger to publish it. I finished the post at 3:50 or so, but, as of 5:30, I can't get it published. I thought maybe it was because I was trying to post at the same time as all the schoolkids, recently returned from a day at school. I thought I might be competing with the "OMG Kaitlyn so got up in Josh's grill because he totally touched Amber's hand in Algebra" posts, but the whole 5:30 thing is making me less certain of that.

**********
I'm a bit mystified why The DaVinci Code is getting such a bad rap from the reviewers. It really isn't that bad. I guess everyone was expecting more out of it. I wasn't, so I liked it just fine.

**********
Speaking of The DaVinci Code, this week's Multiplex shows why it sometimes isn't a good idea to protest a movie right outside the theater in which it's showing. In case you're reading this a week or two late, the comic I refer to can be found at www.multiplexcomic.com/strips/061.php.

**********
It's really hard to get back into the habit of going to the gym. We went on Monday, exactly 3 weeks since our last visit, but that was the only time this week.

The funny thing is that, upon logging into the Fitlinxx system at the gym, we both received a message, dated the day after our last visit, congratulating us on how good we had been about coming in and doing lots of cardio and lifting. We also got a message, dated a couple weeks later, asking if we had gotten hurt and had been unable to work out. The only thing hurt has been our sense of motivation.

At least we've been eating in a relatively healthy manner this week.

**********
I've gotten a promotion at work, kinda. I'm still doing what I've always been doing, but now I'm doing it under the title of Chief Information Officer. Most places, having a CIO suggests that there are multiple people doing computer work. Not so where I am. I am the entire computer department. So it's a bit of a pointless title.

**********
Apple and Nike got together and came up with a setup where your special iPod and your special running shoes talk to each other, and you can get readouts on your mileage and pace on the iPod. Interesting, but I think I'll stick to a stopwatch and a pre-measured course. When I finally start running again.

**********
And here be the song list!

1. "Mother Mother" - Tracy Bonham
2. "My Side of The Bed" - Susanna Hoffs
3. "Bang A Gong" - T-Rex
4. "Take It Easy" - The Eagles
5. "My Evil Twin" - They Might Be Giants
6. "Breakfast" - Mary Prankster
7. "Throne Room March" - John Williams
8. "Interstate Love Song" - Stone Temple Pilots
9. "Never Here" - Elastica
10. "Something" - The Beatles
11. "Breathe" - Prodigy
12. "Rock of Ages" - Def Leppard
13. "Paradise" - John Prine
14. "Around The World" - ATC
15. "Abracadabra" - Steve Miller Band
16. "Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime)" - The Flirts
17. "What Do I Have To Do" - Stabbing Westward
18. "Dinner Bell" - They Might Be Giants
19. "All You Wanted" - Michelle Branch
20. "It's True That We Love One Another" - The White Stripes
21. "Not Fade Away" - The Rolling Stones

* The Star Wars music still reminds me of getting married.

* Sophomore year of high school, a friend of mine found a metal coffee can in Art class that could recreate the clanging that comes after "unter, gleebin, gloubin, globin" in "Rock of Ages". It's the only time I've ever heard anyone beside Def Leppard do it that well.

* The first time I heard the Stabbing Westward song, I was blown away. I don't know what it was about it. I had never heard anything like it, and I guess I just dug the vibe. Maybe it was the video, though I can't imagine that tipped the scales too much, since not a whole lot was happening in the video.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hail to the Chief!

I want ot be chief. I dub myself Chief Freelancer Writer. Also known as She Who Has to Work Friday Night Because She Took On Extra Projects.