Friday, March 31, 2006

iTunes List, March 31, 2006 edition

Here's what I'm listening to today.

1. "Can Make Me Cry" - Concrete Blonde
2. "Hole In The River" - Crowded House
3. "Road To Nowhere" - Talking Heads
4. "Love You 'Til The Day I Die" - Crowded House
5. "Johnny Sunshine" - Liz Phair
6. "Mack The Knife" - Bobby Darin (with Frank Sinatra)
7. "Girls On Film" - Duran Duran
8. "All I Want" - Toad The Wet Sprocket
9. "Learning To Fly" - Pink Floyd
10. "From Me To You" - The Beatles
11. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" - The Rolling Stones
12. "Breakfast" - Mary Prankster
13. "Help Me Mary" - Liz Phair
14. "Shout It Out Loud (Live)" - KISS
15. "Everywhere" - Michelle Branch
16. "Lights Out" - Lisa Marie Presley

Well, that was pretty much all over the place, genre-wise. Interesting that with 382 songs to choose from, I end up with double shots of Liz Phair and Crowded House.

The Crowded House songs still remind me of the 1987 Cross Country season, because I would listen to that album (on tape) on the bus to and from every meet. Since those are the more obscure songs on that album, and I've focussed more on the "Don't Dream It's Over" caliber stuff since that fateful fall (fateful because we ended winning the State Championship), the song still reminds me of that time.

It was nice getting The Beatles and The Rolling Stones back-to-back.

The Lisa Marie Presley song reminds me that I don't have nearly enough Elvis in my iTunes library. I need to work on that.

I'm not 100% sure that's Bobby Darin singing with Frank Sinatra. They ad-lib a lot of it, and I think the non-Sinatra refers to himself as Jimmy at one point. The ID says it's Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, but I can tell it's not Dean Martin.

No comments: