Hello all. Endless apologies for the long break between posts. I had a baseball draft recently, the preparations for which consumed most of my free time. That draft happened on Tuesday. The three post-free days since then can be attributed to laziness.
I'm jumping on the iTunes playlist bandwagon. A running list of what I'm listening to while typing this appears below.
I don't really have any one thing to talk about. Just some random thoughts:
*********
I found out the other day that our President of the USofA got a degree in History at Yale. So I'm not the only one who isn't putting their History degree to good use.
*********
I was looking at one of M's Mardi Gras posters this morning, and I realized I didn't really say much about the Rex parade (aside from a single sentence saying it was crowded and fun).
Rex is the King of Carnival (Carnival being the actual name for what we just refer to as Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras is the last day of Carnival). His identity, and the identity of his Queen, are kept secret until the night before Mardi Gras. That's when they sail down the river into New Orleans, and everybody sees them for the first time. We were at a restaurant a block or two away when Rex 2006 arrived. We were by a window facing the river, so we saw the fireworks.
Rex rides in the Rex parade, the last parade of Mardi Gras, while his Queen sits in a grandstand at the Hotel Intercontinental. When the parade passes the Hotel Intercontinental, it pauses so that Rex may toast his Queen.
Anyway, I think the whole thing is pretty cool, so I thought I'd share.
*********
I really want to see V for Vendetta, but M thought it looked too violent, my brother agreed, and a friend that I often see movies with had already seen it at a preview showing.
I never, ever, go to the movies by myself (I don't eat alone at restaurants either), so it was looking like I'd be waiting until Netflix had it. But M made a compromise with me this morning. She'll see V with me if I go see the new Sarah Jessica Parker chick-flick with her. Sounds like a good deal to me!
*********
I'm realizing right about now that I have a lot of 80's music in my iTunes library. What exactly does it mean to be "saved by zero"?
*********
I thought that Jon Stewart did a great job hosting the Oscars. He was very funny, but had the misfortune of having an audience that doesn't like to laugh at themselves.
*********
I managed to get the house cleaned up before M got back from New Orleans. I know some of you were concerned about that.
*********
That's about all I have for now. Here's the random shuffle I was listening to. For those unfamiliar with this emerging trend, the rules are that you put your player (iTunes, in my case) on random shuffle, listen to everything that plays, and list everything - no omissions.
1. "Blue Flower" - Mazzy Star
2. "A Little Respect" - Erasure
3. "That Ain't Love" - REO Speedwagon
4. "Cum On Feel The Noize" - Quiet Riot (I wasn't really digging this playlist until this came on)
5. "About A Girl" - Nirvana
6. "Shock The Monkey" - Peter Gabriel
7. "Keep On Loving You" - The Donnas (cover of the REO Speedwagon song - not a very good cover)
8. "That's Entertainment" - The Jam
9. "Ran For Miles" - Gemma Hayes
10. "Saved By Zero" - The Fixx
11. "Down With The Sickness" - Disturbed
12. "Wolf" - Veruca Salt
13. "She's Not There" - The Zombies (a 60's classic!)
14. "Illegal Smile" - John Prine
2 comments:
I love that Quiet Riot song! I have the 45. I've got to get access to a turntable that converts to digital.
Oh wow... I had completely forgotten that I saw Failure To Launch because I wanted to have someone to see V For Vendetta with. It was not a good deal. I can't look at Sarah Jessica Parker without flying into a rage anymore because of that movie. Yes, I am exaggerating. A little.
Also, Future Trackrick is here to tell you, 2006 Dodi, that Spotify will solve your Quiet Riot problem in about five years!
Post a Comment