Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Basement of Insanity Gets Some Brain Pills

We finally had an electrician visit us to deal with the problem in the basement, originally mentioned about a month ago. He found that not only are the switches controlling all of the outlets in the basement, but also, for some reason, one of the outlets in the living room works only when the switch at the top of the basement stairs is off. He was able to say without a doubt that the wiring was not done by a professional electrician. I suspect that one of the previous owners was an insane do-it-yourselfer.

So all that was being fixed by the electrician and our landlord when M left for work. We should finally be able to use the master switches, without killing the computer and the TV, by the time we get home tonight!

But when one door closes, another one opens, so to speak. M reports that now there's some animal roaming around in our attic. She says she could hear it munching or scratching and then walking around above our bedroom. I'm hoping that all she was hearing was a squirrel on the roof. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Dodi said...

I hate switches that are wired badly! You're better at dealing with it in a rented house than I am in my condo.

I always thought that owning my own place would be the end of crazy switches and boring paint, but now it's even more irritating because I know it's fixable and it is all up to me to get it done. Bleck!

Good luck with the animal. Hope it isn't a raccoon, they can be super distructive.