So, yeah... You've probably already heard that there was an earthquake around these parts. What was probably a normal Tuesday afternoon in California was a bit of a new experience for Maryland, and mistakes were made.
* My first thought was that a large truck was driving by. Apparently, my instincts believe that trucks come in sizes ranging up to that of a large building.
* I had just turned on the oven when the initial tremors came up the pike. Two hours later, I realized that maybe I should have turned off the gas oven when the kitchen started shaking. Because open flame and broken gas lines tend to lower the value of one's house.
* I followed the rule about getting under a doorway at first, but then wanted to make sure that it wasn't actually a JC Penny's rolling through my neighborhood, so I went to the window to look outside.
I'm sure after more Monday-morning quarterbacking, I'll come up with more, but you get the idea.
Incidentally, it appears that the only damage sustained on my house is that a pen fell off a dresser in my room. I can't be 100% sure that it wasn't already on the floor before the earthquake, though. I also can't be sure if the toppled mess on PG's art table was due to the quake or due to a messy kid.
3 comments:
Both the pen and the mess on PG's art table were there before the quake. When was it that you thought to check on your wife and child? :D
Wife and child before the pen and art table!
Ha ha I was thinking the same thing - what about M and PG ? : )
Post a Comment