So, yeah. My front passenger side tire went flat sometime between Thursday morning and Friday night last week.
On Saturday, I pulled the ol' girl into the driveway to change it. The lug nuts came off as easy as you please, but the tire itself wouldn't budge at all. I didn't have any WD40, but I did have olive oil, so I tried that. I don't think I need to tell you whether or not that actually worked. I kicked the hell out of it and got nowhere. It was a bit troubling since I would eventually have to get the car somewhere to have the flat fixed, and driving on a flat tire is not what one would call a "good idea." So while we were out for dinner, in the car with four inflated tires, I got some WD40, hoping that would be all I needed.
The next day, my next door neighbor got involved. It turned out to be my lucky day. He knew of places to spray the WD40 that I wouldn't have thought of, and he had an air pump in case the tire really was going to stay on until I got it to the tire place. At the time, it was looking like the pump would come in handy, because lubing things up and hitting the tire with a mallet, which my neighbor also lent me, wasn't doing me any good.
I went inside to get something, when I heard my neighbor pounding on the tire with the mallet. By the time I had gotten outside, the tire was loose and ready to make room for the spare. So, in review, a 50 or 60-something year old man could hit the tire hard enough to loosen it, but I couldn't. You think I'll be working out more often now? You bet I am.
Took the car in today to get the tire fixed, which only involved removing a 3-inch screw from the tread and patching it up. It cost me a whopping $0 to get it done.
Well, I suppose the whole ordeal cost me $4, which is what I paid for the WD40.
2 comments:
Yay, for friendly neighborhood neighbors!!
Congrats! I don't have a mallet. Now I want a mallet. I do not want a mullet.
Post a Comment