Monday, November 30, 2009

Shot In The Arm, And You're To Blame... You Give H1N1 A Bad Name

M, PrettyGirl and I took ourselves a little trip over to my doctor's office this morning, and we all got the H1N1 shot. The process was so easy - doctor e-mailed all his patients that the H1N1 shots were in, I called for an appointment for me and my non-patient wife and kid, and they casually signed us up - that I was convinced that something would go wrong. But it went smooth as silk! Well, we ended up having to pay $24 because M and PG aren't patients, but that was about it. And the receptionist tried to kick us out when she realized PG was wearing a Saints jersey (Pats fan, I guess,) but she was just kidding.

PG was a rockstar at getting her shot. She gave the doctor a look as if to say "ummm... what are you doing?" as he stuck the needle in her, and that was pretty much the only complaint she had to offer. No crying before, during or after. The doctor praised her toughness up and down and left and right! That's my girl!

And so, except for PG's second seasonal flu shot - delayed for another few weeks because of the H1N1 shot - our household should be good to go, flu-wise! Of course, I'm pretty sure I got the flu back in April, despite having gotten my flu shot last winter, so who knows. My suspicion was that I actually had H1N1 then, because I was already vaccinated for seasonal flu and got a flu bug anyway, but I suppose the fact that there hadn't been any H1N1 cases in the U.S. at the time shoots a hole in that theory.

No comments: