This post was, of course, meant to go up on New Year's, but I forgot. I almost wasn't going to post it even after remembering, since I wonder if anyone actually, you know, cares what I saw. But I made the effort over the year to note what I saw (besides, I'm kinda fond of the Hulk comment,) so here you go.
Iron Man - Loved it, loved it, loved it. Robert Downey Jr. is awesome.
Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull - I was a little disappointed, but still had a good time. Better than Temple of Doom. But up against the other two... it was OK.
The Incredible Hulk - To say that this was better than the 2003 Hulk movie is like saying chocolate is better than a punch in the stomach. Not quite as good as Iron Man, but it comes close.
The Dark Knight - If it wasn't for The Lord of The Rings, this would be the best movie of the decade.
Wall-E - Saw it at a drive-in with a 15 month old, so I was a bit distracted. What I saw looked good, though.
Quantum of Solace - It was okay, but not as good as Casino Royale.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Saw it in a pre-stadium-seating theater in North Carolina. It was pretty good (the movie, that is, although the theater wasn't all that bad either.) Kinda struck me as a Forrest Gump without the name dropping. I could have done without the framing device of a very old Cate Blanchet dying in a hospital bed in New Orleans while Hurricane Katrina is bearing down on the city. You better believe M could have done without that.
*********************************
And there you have it! Stay tuned a year from now to find out what I thought of Harry Potter 6, the Star Trek re-boot, Transformers 2, Watchmen (if 20 Century Fox's lawsuit doesn't stop the movie from seeing the light of day,) and maybe even the Wolverine and Terminator movies! Possibly some higher brow stuff too!
(Song reference "Breakfast At Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something.)
1 comment:
You managed to see quite a few. I always mean to keep track, and then ... don't. I can't even watch he Oscars any more because often I've only seen one of the movies.
Post a Comment