Monday, July 07, 2008

Lolly Lolly Lolly, Get Your PrettyGirl News Here!

Looking over my "recent" posts, I have come to the realization that I haven't provided any substantial PG news in over a month. So here's the update...

PG is pretty much the same as she was in early June, except that she's a little bigger. Oh, and this too...

[Edit: I'm having some problems getting this video to work. Whenever I get the time to work on that, I'll see about getting that fixed. Stay tuned! And if you actually can see the video right now, then hooray for you!]

[New Edit: The video should work now]




That was taken on June 28. I didn't have a camera handy the first time she walked, a week earlier, but it looked a lot like that. In the week since this video was taken, PG has gotten a lot better at it, and I have seen her get up from a sitting position and start walking. She usually goes about 3 or 4 steps before wiping out, but you take what you can get.

Since I've started working from home (I'll get to that tidbit o' news in another post,) I'm the one taking PG to daycare every morning. I take her in the stroller, and I have her get out at the gate and walk up the door while I hold her hand. M and I have her walk from the car to the front door whenever we come home from somewhere too. PG's getting really good at one-hand-assisted walking. Big girl!

Otherwise, she's still talking her PG language, only with a little more variety. She might be using English words at the right times, but those are still too isolated for me to be sure if it's intentional or coincidental. She still tosses out a "Da" from time to time.

She's also pointing a lot now. Just last night, she pointed at her crib to make it very clear that she was too tired to sit through storytime. She ended up being so sleepy that she didn't make a peep when the neighborhood kids (and a dad or two) started setting off fireworks just about right outside her window. That save me the trouble of having to yell at my neighbors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the working from home thing! I know you've got to be happy about losing that God-awful commute.

And way to go on walking, PG!

Karen said...

What a cutie!!

Welcome to the work-from-home club : )