Here's been my week so far...
* I killed my Mac on Sunday while upgrading the operating system. I just learned of a way I might revive it, so I'll try that tonight, and perhaps all will be delightful and happy in that department in the near future.
* Monday was, to the best of my memory, uneventful. Until around 10 that night, when our daycare provider called to let us know that daycare would be on emergency shutdown the next day. This was due to our provider's grandmother's heart stopping for a little while, necessitating pacemaker surgery. Being as both people running the daycare had to be at the hospital on Tuesday to handle any decisions before, during and after the surgery (I assume,) there was to be no daycare.
* Tuesday was thus Daddy Daycare day (thankfully, not involving the Eddie Murphy movie of the same name in any way.) M had to be at work to coordinate communications with some high-falutin' photographer all day, whereas I had little that needed to be done at work, making me the go-to guy for PG care. PG and I spent the day hanging out and, in PG's case, developing a fever (not for the flavor of Pringles, if I may reference commercials that have not been seen by non-YouTube-viewing eyes for over a decade.) The forehead thermometer, which had proven accurate in the past, only read around 99 degrees, so there wasn't much cause for concern.
Then, at midnight that night, I got a call from my brother that our dad was in the emergency room. I'll just cut to the chase and say that all is fine now, but that going to the emergency room ended up being a good idea. That's all I'm gonna say about what happened.
* Wednesday was tiring at work and then I went to the hospital to visit my dad after work, where I stayed kinda late talking with him and my brother.
I was almost at home at 9:45 when M called me to let me know she was taking PG to the emergency room, because PG had just thrown up all over her. If PG hadn't bonked her head on an errant door at Subway earlier that evening, the vomiting wouldn't have been ER-worthy, but given the mishap, M decided it would be better safe than sorry. The vomiting ended up not being because of the head-bonk, but rather (in the doctor's best estimate) because of the 104 degree fever (thank you for the accurate readings, you lousy forehead thermometer) that was caused by the infection in her right ear, which was discovered during the ER examination. More antibiotics for PG!!
So that's been my week thus far.
Oh wait! Something good happened too! We got our piano! It's been in M's family since she was a kid, and her cousin had been holding it for us since M and her sister sold the house down in New Orleans a few years ago (five months before Katrina came along and made the damage to the house someone else's problem.) Now M's cousin is moving to North Carolina, so it was decided that since the piano had to be moved anyway, it may as well get moved to us. And it arrived yesterday, a day ahead of schedule! With all the hospital stuff, I haven't had a chance to check it out, aside from plunking a key on my way to PG's room to put her to bed late, late last night. Hopefully, I'll get an opportunity when I get home tonight. I can't wait to find out what the dinosaur song sounds like!
Y'see, PG has a book that has dinosaurs big and dinosaurs small, as well as dinosaurs weak, dinosaurs strong, and dinosaurs singing a dinosaur song - with the notes written out in musical notation above the singing dinosaurs. So now I can learn the tune so I can read the book to PG more accurately!
3 comments:
OMG - you have been busy! I hope you find something more relaxing to do over the weekend - like going to a jackhammer convention.
Give my best to your dad and PG.
Trackrick neglects to add the fun that I had while he was visiting his dad. PG felt very hot to me and I tried to check her temperature the uncomfortable way. But, for some reason, the thermometer now read in Celsius. Turning my back to my diaperless baby on the floor, I try to find the instruction manual for the thermometer. And yes, she did exactly what I hoped she wouldn't. Pooped on the rug.
So I got to clean off poop from the rug, and vomit from me, PG, our sheets and clothes. Motherhood is very glamorous!!
Poor M! I haven't had that paricular pleasure yet, although Bugaboo is taking antibiotics (yep, for an ear infection) that have resulted in the most singularly explosive diapers we've ever seen. Hope the coming week gets better :) Kelly
Post a Comment