Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Makes Ya Want To Shout It, Shout It, Shout It Out Loud About How Confusing It Is

Madonna just got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in her first year of eligibility. That means Madonna is more rock and roll than KISS, who, after about a decade of being eligible, has yet to be inducted.

Not only does KISS want to rock and roll all night, but they also want to party ev-er-y day! How much more qualified do they need to be?

I don't have a problem with Madonna being in the Hall of Fame, but c'mon. How come she gets to be in, but KISS, Boston, and Foreigner don't? The Bee Gees, meanwhile, are in there. Are the Bee Gees really more rock and roll than Boston? Or more than Def Leppard, who I believe is also eligible now?

I guess it's just a question of taste.

4 comments:

Trackrick said...

Why, yes! This is the bee in the bonnet to which I was referring!

Karen said...

I like Madonna, but she is NOT Rock & Roll. If there were a pop hall of fame, she should be in that.

Why isn't KISS in the RRHoF? Must be all about music industry politics.

Trackrick said...

I think that's exactly what's going on.

At least Black Sabbath is in.

Trackrick said...

Rock and Roll is kinda a general term. Madonna is just as rock and roll as, say, Martha and The Vandellas or anyone from the 50's and 60's. Certainly not more rock and roll than KISS, though.