Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Rocktober!

Our little PrettyGirl is becoming quite the jabberjaw! Of course, none of her jabbering is in English (though I'm pretty sure she has accidentally said her own name more than once.) We've been awakened around 4:30 AM a few times recently by her talking to herself.

She has also figured out how to scream on purpose. She let out a fairly robust scream in early August, but hadn't repeated the feat for a while. But now she can scream at will. And does so quite often. It's sometimes a little hard to tell, without looking at her, if she's actually complaining or just amusing herself. M can usually tell if she's screaming out of boredom or out of hunger during her early-morning performances.

********************
Also in the category of "Things About PG That Probably Only Interest Her Parents," PG is now eating solid food that can actually be reasonably considered, you know, solid. We gave her some Gerber banana goop on Sunday, which she gulped down. Monday night, we went with an actual banana that had been pureed in the blender. It looked identical to the Gerber stuff, but did have the advantage of smelling more like an actual banana and less like butt.

In all fairness, Gerber does use actual banana in their goop. I'm guessing it's the addition of the citric acid or extra Vitamin C that makes it kinda stink.

********************
I'm sure you all have been waiting with bated breath to know how long it took the classic rock station to finish their A-Z thing. It ended pretty much exactly when I predicted it would, conveniently just in time for the weekend blocks to begin. As I did not predict, it was "The Zoo" by The Scorpions that ended it. "Ziggy Stardust" was the second-last song. "A Hard Day's Night" by, of course, The Beatles was the first one. Why "The" doesn't put a song in with the T's, but "A" puts the song in with the A's is anybody's guess. I was also interested to learn that The Scorpions are considered classic rock now. Ah, how old we're getting. It's just a matter of time before they start breaking out the Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

********************
One of M's old boyfriends recently e-mailed M to see if she had the baby yet. Mind you, he was told of her pregnancy about a year ago, and he had sent us a present when PG was born. This is what I have to compete with in the Former Lover department.

1 comment:

IrishSignora said...

We've discovered the same thing you and M have . . . baby foods, generally, smell like butt. The wee Bugaboo has thus far forayed into rice cereal, oatmeal, and barley cereal Manie tried to give her some grits on Sunday, but she launched them across the room. Have you ever tried to get grits mixed with formula out of a dog's fur?!?!? Sheesh.

Bugaboo has also recently mastered the art of the raspberry. Apparently, it's the most fascinating thing she's ever learned . . . because she does it for about 10 hours a day.

Glad to hear all's well with y'all -- I'll get around to updating MySpace sometime this year. Unfortunately, the school board took a dim view of a high school teacher having a MySpace page, so I've been letting it lay low for a while (after, of course, making it private).

Cheers!
Kelly